Akins Photojournalism

Monday, March 28, 2005

Wrinkled Hands

 


 

Photo By Julia Cumes

 

Caption: Jessie Ames, 96, holds a photograph of her housemate, Alma Cowden's great-granddaughter, Madison Filkorn. "When I was her age, cars weren't even invented," says Cowden. Ames and Cowden are residents at Elbridge's Mahan Gorham Manor, a restored colonial mansion for the elderly in Elbridge, NY.

 

My Critique

I thought this photo was eye catching and different.  Its a good photojournalism photo because it tells a story.  Of what I can tell the photo has a short depth of feild because the small parts of the background are out of focus.  It almost completely fills the frame.  I think this photo is good and unique because of the elder womans wrinkled hands.  It adds something to the photo.  The lighting is good, it seems to be coming from in front of the woman because of the way it hits the photograph just right.


 

by Rochelle Hale

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to obtain a good deal from thiѕ paragraрh then
you haѵe to apply thеse methοds tο your
won ωeb ѕitе.

My page ... Prweb.Com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home